Hello everyone. I’ve been nominated for a blogging award which is extremely popular in the ‘blogosphere’ world. The Liebster Award is one that recognises and discovers new bloggers. I’ve been nominated by the lovely Mika, whose blog you can find right here! The aim of this post in particular is to let you learn a little bit more about me, and to find out more about the bloggers who I have nominated.
The rules of the award are as below;
1. Post the award on your blog,
2. Thank the blogger who had nominated you, and link back to their site,
3. Nominate 11 other blogs,
4. Notify these bloggers of their nomination,
5. Answer 11 questions chosen by the person who nominated you, and give your nominees 11 unique questions to answer.
1. Whatʼs one thing you would like to achieve in the coming month?
In the next month, I would like to be officially debt free for the first time in my adult life. I wrote about 30 things I’d like to do before 30 in a blog post a while ago, and the first thing on the list was to be debt free. I’m getting closer to this with each passing day and I’m looking forward to the weight being lifted off my shoulders.
2. What motivated you to start a blog?
I first wrote a blog post when I was about eighteen. It began as a personal hobby, and developed over the years in to more of a regular occurrence. More recently, I began to blog as a form of therapy for stress; and writing gives me a release that others may not necessarily understand.
3. When is your next trip and where will it be?
The next place I am travelling to is Nyimba in Zambia. I will be going in September to lead a team of youth volunteers in fighting poverty and improving livelihoods. You can find out more about the journey with VSO here.
4. Whatʼs your go to snack?
This is a bit of a strange one, but I often have cravings for egg. ‘Egg in a cup’ is the most delicious invention ever; boil a few eggs, put them in a cup, lump a spoon of butter in and a pinch of salt. Best snack ever.
5. What is one thing you really want to learn?
One thing I want to learn is how to travel the world and be paid for it. I feel as though I have an addiction to traveling, and it is only cured by more adventure; but one cannot just pack their bags and fly around the world in first class for free. Therefore I would really like to learn how to make my passion a career.
6. Favourite colour?
7. Which social media platform do you prefer?
This depends on what I’m using it for; I tend to prefer Twitter as a whole though. I enjoy posting photos on Instagram and Facebook, but I enjoy Twitter as a means of discussion and debate. LinkedIn is also a personal favourite when making connections and networking.
8. What do you dislike about blogging (be honest)?
The thing I dislike the most about blogging is people’s perception of it. There’s a lot of negativity in the blogosphere. Blogging isn’t just a hobby for many of us; it’s a coping mechanism – and many people don’t take it seriously.
9. If you could upgrade anything in your life right now, what would it be?
I would upgrade my collection of books. I enjoy reading, but I definitely don’t do it enough. I would love to own all the Harry Potter books, and have a mini library so I could just grab a book at any time.
10. What is one thing you wish you didnʼt know about at all?
I wish I didn’t know that there was poverty in the world.
11. What is your pet peeve?
Mornings. Is that an acceptable answer?
Moving on to my nominees, below are their sites and the questions I would like them to answer. Check them out, these guys are just wonderful.
- Syl Dinada
- Usama Basit Abbasi
- Ronalene Coronel Soluta
- Naye Aaron Lubaton
- Marj Asia Mercado
- Jo Viernes
- Miljana Miladinović
- Rhea Denido
- Karolina Narojczyk
- Hector Salmanca
- Katie Burton
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- What is the craziest thing that has ever happened you?
- What is the biggest knock back you’ve ever had, and how did you recover?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favourite biscuit (and do you dunk it in your tea/coffee)?
- What does success mean to you?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favourite book?
- What is the most interesting fact about you?
- Where would you like to visit/travel to in the future?
- When making tea/coffee, do you out the water in first, or the milk?
Good luck to all of the other nominees, and thanks again to Mika for her nomination.